Picnic times are long gone this year. Cold weather is coming in and we’ll likely spend more time eating home comfort foods that keep us warm. But if like me, you like to snack, then these Scotch Eggs are just the thing you need to make.
If you use Slimming World Syn-Free Pork Sausages, then this recipe is completely syn free when on plan. If you use different sausage meat then you need to check the syn value to make sure you syn it right.
I’ll be honest right now, I’ve never made these. Making these is something my wife specialises in. They are easy, but I’ve just never made them myself. It doesn’t stop me enjoying them though. If I know they’re in the fridge then you can bet they’ll get eaten.
What you need
2 packs of Slimming World syn-free pork sausages
2 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp mixed herbs
What do you need to do?
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6/390°F
- Place the 4 eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes then move them to cold water for 4 more minutes. Then peel and place to one side.
- Skin the sausages and mix with the curry powder and dried herbs. Get your hands into it here, get dirty hands-on with it!
- Split the sausage meat mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Flatten a portion of the mixture in the palm of your hand, take an egg and place it in the mixture. Then mould the mixture around the egg until the egg is sealed inside the meat.
- Do this with the other 3 eggs.
- Spray a baking tray with low-calorie cooking spray and place the scotch eggs onto it. Give the scotch eggs themselves a good spray with the cooking spray too.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
You can eat these balls of greatness while still hot (makes a great starter to a meal) or let them cool and put them in the fridge to snack on whenever you like. Either way, enjoy them as much as I do!