It’s that time of year now, where we have the odd couple of days of sunshine between the days of wind and rain. The typical British Summer of will it rain or will it shine?
This recipe is something light, but feels so much like comfort food. Can be eaten and craved for when the weather is horrid, but is also versatile so it can be cooked on a BBQ when the weather is at it’s best.
I cooked this particular meal for me and wifey last night. By far one of the better meals I’ve ever made. It was so simple too. Not only can you whack these skewers under the grill in the kitchen, but I bet they’d be awesome on a BBQ as well.
I served this Chicken Kebab over some Pesto Pasta, Cherry Tomatoes and Spinach. Adding these together without any creamy sauce meant it didn’t feel heavy and it tasted like a good, light summer meal.
I’ve recently fallen in love with Pesto and Pasta. Pesto can be added to almost anything with Pasta. It can be added to a salad, added to some meat and even just eaten on its own.
We’ve also made the change to Whole Wheat Pasta recently, in a bid to help with my HbA1c levels (read about that here). I can honestly say that I can’t tell the difference when cooked. Other than the fact it’s brown instead of white, it’s completely the same. The same texture, the same taste, only it’s better and healthier.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Diced
- 2 Peppers, Cut into Chunks
- Mushrooms (I used 3 per kebab)
- Pasta (any shape you fancy)
- 2 tbsp. Pesto
- A few Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- Handful of Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Paprika Powder
- Cooking Spray
- Load your Kebab Skewers with the Chicken, Peppers and Mushrooms. Any order you like. Then dust with the Chilli and Paprika powders.
- Spray the Kebabs with Cooking Spray so they don’t burn and put them under the Grill on a Medium Temperature.
- Boil some water and cook the pasta as directed.
- Once the pasta is cooked though, drain and place back into the pan.
- Add the Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the Spinach leaves to the pasta and stir through.
- Serve the Pasta into Pasta Bowls and remove the Kebabs form the oven when cooked.
- Serve the Kebabs over the Pasta dish.