One of my all time sandwich filler and jacket potato filling is Coronation Chicken. The mild curry taste just has its own place on a sandwich or as a jacket potato filler.
Being a Slimming World member, I would have to syn any pre-made Coronation Chicken fillings. This can range from 2 syns per tablespoon to 27 syns for a pot. When you only have so many syns to use per day you start to look to create low-syn alternatives.
I thought about Coronation Chicken and it’s basically curried powder and yogurt right? That’s all it seems to me, so I set off to experiment. In the end, I add Curry Powder, Cinnamon, and Turmeric to yogurt and lighter than light mayonnaise to create the mixture.
The following makes one portion of Coronation Chicken
- Chicken Breast Sliced (1)
- Fat Free Natural Yogurt (100g)
- Lighter than Light Mayonnaise (2 tbsp) – 1 Syn*
- Raisins (14g) – 2 Syns*
- Mild Curry Powder (1 tsp)
- Ground Cinnamon (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric (1/2 tsp)
- Bring a pan of water to boil then add the chicken and simmer
- While the chicken is simmering away mix all the other ingredients in a bowl
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the water and cut into small chunks
- Add the chicken to the Coronation mixture
- Serve on either bread for a sandwich or on a jacket potato if using a filling
* All syn values were correct at time of writing this post.